How do I choose a good suit?
General Suit Etiquette
Never button the bottom button of a suit jacket.
Always button the top button of your shirt if wearing a tie.
Always unbutton your suit before sitting down, or you risk ruining it.
Tweed/wool suits are great for the winter and cotton/ linen suits are best for the summer.
How many suits should a man have?
How a men’s suit should fit?
- Shoulder pads end with your shoulders.
- Your flat hand should slip easily into your suit under the lapels when the top (or middle) button is fastened. …
- The top button of a two-button suit — or the middle button of a three-button suit — should not fall below your navel.
How much should you pay for a suit?
What can be tailored on a suit?
- Hem Your Trousers. This is the number one place most guys go wrong when it comes to tailored clothing. …
- 2. Make Sure the Shoulders Fit. The shoulders of your suit jacket should feel like they’re hugging your own. …
- Hem Your Sleeves. …
- Watch for Collar Gap. …
- Take in the Waist of Your Jacket. …
- Slim the Sleeves and Taper the Trousers.
What color suits should a man have?